Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Ch. 17 - Personal Selling and Sales Management

 

Apple Inc., like all companies, uses personal selling to persuade a potential customer to purchase its products. This face to face interaction has helped all of us find, and persuaded us to buy a product. For example, if you were at the Apple store, and you were looking to buy an electronic device, one of the sales people would come over to help you pick out and buy a device that fulfills your needs. Apple's salespersons are well trained in encouraging sales, from having the right attitude, the perfect appearance and the specialized knowledge of Apple products. Companies like Apple, that have expensive products with complex features, need personal selling. In my recent visit to the Apple's store, I was able to get personal advice about the new releases of Apple and the benefits of each of these products. An employee came to me personally and allowed me, to both try and compare a variety of different Apple products. She advised me to try the new version of the IPhone, the IPhone 5C, and patiently showed me how to use it. She also informed me about all of its new features that make it so unique and worthwhile to purchase. My whole interactive experience at the Apple store was very enjoyable and informative which led me to the conclusion that Apple's promotional mix in personal selling has helped the company not only increase its sales but also boost the potential of developing a long term relationship with their consumers.

4 comments: